General Policies and Procedures
Due to the new location of our event, the Orchard Park Festival of the Arts Placement Committee will try to assign Exhibitor display space based upon what is still available at the time of acceptance. Each Exhibitor is required to have final acceptance and total payment received before any consideration is given. The space assigned is the Exhibitor’s for the entire Festival and the display must remain up for both days. No Exhibitor will break down their display or leave the Festival before the Festival ends without prior approval from the Orchard Park Festival of the Arts Committee. Full payment must be received by the Chamber by August 15th.
Please note: This is an Outside Only event.
- Painting (Acrylics/Oil/Pastels/Watercolor) – Works created in acrylics, oil, pastels, watercolor
- Graphics / Drawing – Drawing, printmaking, computer-generated art, including pencil, charcoal, chalk, pen and ink
- Photography – Prints from original negatives and processed by Exhibitor
- Sculpture – Original work done in any medium
- Body Care – Original handmade soaps, lotions, perfumes, etc.
- Candles – Original works that are handcrafted and hand-poured
- Decorative Painting – Painted objects, including fabric or clothing items, stenciled objects, tole-painted objects, wood cutouts, lawn ornaments, other wood items, painted slates or other natural materials
- Fabric & Fiber / Leather – Bags, belts, hats, purses, scarves, knit or crocheted items, needlework, sewn accessories, felt items, wall hangings, quilts, rugs, mats, basketry, weaving, and tapestry, etc.
- Floral Design – Wreaths, garlands, bouquets or other arrangements using dried, pressed, or silk florals
- Glass – Fused, blown, stained, molded glass items other than jewelry
- Jewelry – Original handmade designs from metal, glass, clay, fiber, paper, or other materials
- Metal – Lawn ornaments, wall hangings, furniture or any metalwork other than jewelry
- Mixed Media – Original work involving two or more mediums
- Packaged Specialty Foods – Original handmade gourmet mixes (sauces, condiments, dressings, soups, spreads/dips), salsas, mustards, jams, dog biscuits, etc. for off-premises consumption
- Pottery / Ceramics – Original works including wheel-thrown items, vessels, or other items made from clay
- Woodworking – Furniture, carved items, wooden vessels, intarsia, etc. that are hand-tooled, machine-tooled, turned or carved
Certificate of Liability Insurance or Hold Harmless Agreement
ALL EXHIBITORS must provide proof of insurance with minimum limits of $1M each occurrence / $2M aggregate (including Products/Completed Operations), naming the “SUNY Erie Community College, Buffalo Bills, Orchard Park Central School District, Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce, Orchard Park Festival of the Arts, Town of Hamburg and Town of Orchard Park, its Members and Officers” as Additional Insured (Form: ACCORD 25 2016-03). For a home-based business, a signed Hold Harmless Agreement may be substituted. Also acceptable is a Homeowner’s Binder or Declaration Page stating $500,000 worth of liability coverage. Exhibitor must display a list of ingredients for all Body Care and/or Packaged Specialty Foods. Food Vendors must display Erie County Health Permits for Foods.
Work Criteria and Restrictions
All works exhibited MUST be original works of the Exhibitor(s) and must be designed, created, and handcrafted by the Exhibitor. No commercially produced items, commercial kits/patterns, buy and sell items, pre-assembled/manufactured items, rubber stamps, or commercial molds will be allowed and are strictly prohibited. The sale of prepared food, beverages, herbs, potpourri, incense, chewing gum, candy, t-shirts, toupees, wigs, and items made of recycled products (milk cartons, soda cans, etc.) are prohibited. All Jewelry must be created by Exhibitor, with no plastic beads. Free gifts to encourage “home shows” and raffles are prohibited.
Vehicle Entry Rules
Instructions for entry to the Festival grounds will be sent to you once you have been accepted and assigned your designated spot. Vehicles must be unloaded and then must be moved to a designated parking area or outside of the Festival grounds. There is no exhibitor parking on the ECC South Campus grounds or in the street. The Exhibitor parking pass must be displayed in the front window of your vehicle to gain access to the Festival grounds and at all times while on Festival grounds. Exhibitors are allowed one parking pass per single spot reserved. No “extra” parking passes will be distributed. VEHICLES ARE NOT TO BE DRIVEN ON ANY GRASS AREA ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS. Exhibitors not following the parking rules and requirements will not be invited back to future Festivals.
Display Set-Up Rules
The Festival Committee provides the space only. Exhibitors must bring their own tents, tables, chairs, etc. Exhibitors may begin to set up display between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm on Friday, September 17th or on Saturday, September 18th after 6:00 a.m. All displays, however, must be completely set up with vehicles removed from the Festival grounds before 9:00 a.m. Saturday and before 9:00 a.m. Sunday for restocking of your booth.
Vehicles will not be admitted to the Festival grounds after 9:00 a.m. Saturday and 9:00 a.m. Sunday. All outdoor spaces are 10 feet frontage by 12 feet deep. If a canopy is used, guy lines may not exceed more than one foot from a pole and are not to be placed in a walkway. Exhibitors must keep all displays within the confines of their tents/space. All Exhibitor space is on a blacktop surface, Exhibitor will not damage the surface in any way. All tents will need to be secured by weights, please make sure that they are properly attached and heavy enough to withstand wind conditions. Exhibitors are fully responsible for their display and all contents.
Security is provided during the Festival and overnight, however, the Festival Committee accepts no responsibility or liability for damaged, lost, or stolen items. Exhibitors must maintain a neat and clean area in and around their display and MUST return their area to its pre-Festival conditions. If Exhibitor places cardboard, plastic, etc. on the ground in their display, Exhibitor is responsible for the removal of all materials by the conclusion of the Festival. In the event of inclement weather, Exhibitor Space locations may need to be modified. No generators are allowed. Electric is not available.
NYS Sales Tax ID Number
All Exhibitors are required to provide a current NYS Sales Tax ID Number and must provide that number upon application or, if pending, must provide number prior to the start of the Festival. NYS Sales Tax must be collected for all sales. Exhibitors must have a current Certificate of Authority and visibly display that Certificate in their booth at all times throughout the Festival. For further information on applying for a NYS Sales Tax ID Number, visit www.tax.ny.gov or call 1-518-485-2889.
By signing and submitting an Exhibitor Application, Exhibitor agrees that the Committee’s decisions on all issues are final. Any violation of the rules will result in Exhibitor being asked to leave the Festival grounds without a refund and Exhibitor will not be invited back to future Festivals.
EXHIBITOR & FOOD VENDOR’S PACKET
After review of pictures and acceptance in the festival, you will be receiving your confirmation e-mail or letter. An Exhibitor’s Packet containing the following will be mailed before the event.
- Map & Booth Location
- Unloading & Loading Instructions
- Parking Pass – Exhibitors will be directed to a designated parking area
If you have questions, please call the Orchard Park Chamber of Commerce at 716-662-3366.